Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BUDGET- MY VIEW

Three cups of coffee and mulling over the new budget and I can’t see where the document benefits me or mine at all.
I don’t think I’ll be selling investments that are underwater by 50% to do Home improvements to take advantage of the announced tax credit. Which I probably won’t need anyway as my income drops during this recession.
When they said infrastructure I would have thought they meant Highways, Bridges, Hospitals, Deep Sea Ports and that sort of infrastructure. Recreation Centres, Museums, Theatres and the like, although nice to have, don’t qualify in my mind as fiscally prudent infrastructure to spend money on at this time.
Infrastructure spending is good as long it is put into badly needed projects that will be beneficial to the general well being of the entire population not just blatant vote buying jurisdictions.
Tax cuts do most benefit as the money would be spent locally not filtered through governments sticky hands.
There seems to be a lot of spending on things that have nothing to do with most Canadians. Bailouts benefit the highest voting jurisdictions not the most needed jurisdictions. 
I can see we are mortgaging our Children & Grandchildrens futures in this most Unconservative Budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment